LEAF AND YARD WASTE COLLECTION CHANGES
April 1st through December 15th: Unlimited yard waste will be collected and taken to a composting facility the day following collection of trash/recycling.
- Always use biodegradable, 30-gallon paper bags or trash containers that do not weigh more than 50 pounds when full.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Tree branches and shrubbery must be no more than 36 inches long and less than 3 inches in diameter. They must be bundled and tied, taped or put in biodegradable bags.
- Branches or shrubbery cannot extend over the top of the can or bag.
In addition to using plastic or metal trash cans, you may use biodegradable, 30-gallon paper bags. Cans or bags must not weigh more than 50 pounds when full. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected during this period.
- If your trash collection day is Monday, then it'll be picked up Tuesday.
- If your trash collection day is Tuesday, then it'll be picked up Wednesday.
- If your trash collection day is Thursday, then it'll be picked up Friday.
Tree branches and shrubbery must be no more than three inches in diameter and no more than thirty-six inches long. They must be bundled or tied and put in biodegradable bags. Branches or shrubbery cannot extend over the top of the can.
From December 16 through March 31, yard waste is picked up the same day as your trash collection. You may set out a maximum of five containers of yard waste with your regular household trash. This yard waste is not composted, so it does not have to be put into biodegradable bags.
Disposal of Bamboo
Bamboo is not accepted at our compost facility and must be disposed of with your regular trash. Bamboo cannot be disposed of with your yard waste. Please put the bamboo in plastic garbage bags or trash cans and put it to the curb on your regular trash collection day. Please remember, each household is limited to twelve (12) bags or cans of trash and your bamboo counts toward the twelve can limit.