Adopt-a-Hydrant is a program created to help the Northampton Township Fire Department keep fire hydrants free of snow during the winter season.
Upon arriving at the scene of a fire, firefighters need to immediately locate and gain access to the closest fire hydrant. Crucial time is lost if they must first shovel away the snow. When every minute counts, it would be extremely advantageous if the hydrants could be cleared ahead of time.
Residents can "adopt" one or more of the 1,205 fire hydrants as an individual or with a group or business.
Adopt-a-Hydrant Registration Video Instructions
- The program is informal and there is no obligation to shovel out adopted fire hydrants; residents can "un-adopt" fire hydrants at any time.
- If you forget your password, please email email@example.com.
Monthly Raffle Drawing:
To show our appreciation for your dedication to helping our Township, our Fire Chief, Adam Selisker, has agreed to personally donate one $25 Wawa gift card per month during the winter season (Board meeting to Board meeting) pending a snowstorm large enough to warrant a shoveling.
Here’s how to enter:
- Take a picture of yourself (and others if you want!) and of your adopted fire hydrant shoveled out and either send to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet it @nhtwpbuckspa. Please include your name and fire hydrant’s name, street of hydrant and email or phone number where I can reach you in case you win the raffle.
- You can enter one chance (picture) per shoveled hydrant and enter after each snowfall (as long as you can shovel it!). So, the more hydrants you shovel, the more chances you have to win.
- Tune in to the Board meeting to see if you have won the monthy raffle. If you were the winner, we will contact you the following day to confirm.
January's Winner: Andrew Ridings
Please make it a point to uncover your fire hydrant after each and every snowfall. Clear a path approximately three feet around the hydrant and shovel a path from the street or roadway up to the fire hydrant.
2016 AAH Photos: