Yard Waste & Leaf Collection
Yard Waste Collection
From April 1 through December 15, yard waste is picked up the day after your scheduled trash collection day.
During this time period, unlimited yard waste will be collected and taken to a composting facility the day after your trash and recycling day. In addition to using plastic or metal trash cans, you may use biodegradable, 30-gallon paper bags. Cans or bags must not weigh more than 50 pounds when full. Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected during this period.
- If your trash collection day is Monday, then it'll be picked up Tuesday.
- If your trash collection day is Tuesday, then it'll be picked up Wednesday.
- If your trash collection day is Thursday, then it'll be picked up Friday.
Tree branches and shrubbery must be no more than three inches in diameter and no more than thirty-six inches long. They must be bundled or tied and put in biodegradable bags. Branches or shrubbery cannot extend over the top of the can.
From December 16 through March 31, yard waste is picked up the same day as your trash collection. You may set out a maximum of five containers of yard waste with your regular household trash. This yard waste is not composted, so it does not have to be put into biodegradable bags.
Biodegradable bags may be purchased at the following locations in the Township:
- Free Library, 25 Upper Holland Road
- Township Administration Building, 55 Township Road
- Public Works Building, 65 Township Road