Home > Information > FAQs



Where is the Administration Building located?

55 Township Road, Richboro, PA 18954

How do I get to the Administration Building?

From I95:
Take PA 132/Street Road exit going northwest.
Right onto Bustleton Pike / PA 532.
Left onto Bustleton Pike.
Left onto Bristol Road.
Right onto Bustleton Pike.
Bustleton Pike becomes Second Street Pike / PA 232.
Right onto Upper Holland Road.
Left onto Township Road.
Administration Building is on the right.

From PA 611:
Take Bristol Road, heading east.
Left onto Jacksonville Road / PA 332.
Right onto Almshouse Road / PA 332.
Right onto Township Road.
Administration Building is on the left.

What are the Township hours?

Administration Building: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Public Works: 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Am I registered to vote?

Maybe. Call Voter's Registration at (215) 348-6163.

Where do I vote?

There is a number on your voter registration card, which you may use to look up your location on our Voting Districts and Polling Places page.  If you do not have your card, call Voter Registration at (215) 348-6163.

Building & Codes

Is a "Use and Occupancy Certificate" required for a residential resale?

No. The Township does not conduct an inspection or require a certificate for the resale of residential property.

Is a business license required from the Zoning Department?

No. The Zoning Department has no involvement with business licensing. Please contact the tax collector and/or your accountant for applicable requirements based on your particular circumstances.

Are permits required for "replacement" items, such as, sheds, fences, etc.?

Yes. We periodically encounter residents who "replace" items on their property and think that a permit is not required. Please be aware that zoning and building requirements change over time. In addition, it is possible that original items (i.e. sheds, fences, etc.) did not receive approval when they were initially constructed and do not meet requirements. As a result, permits are required for replacements.

What are the requirements to construct a shed on my property?

Generally, a shed that is 180 square feet and less can be constructed behind the rear of the house at a setback of 7 feet from the property line. The maximum height is 12 feet.

Sheds that exceed these requirements must be located within the building envelope for your particular zoning district. Please call us for details.

What are the requirements to construct a fence on my property?

Generally, a fence can be constructed in the side and rear of the property, not in the front yard. The maximum fence height is six (6) feet. Fences cannot be constructed in easements. Corner lots and pool fences have special requirements. Please call us for details.

Can I run a business from my home?

Maybe. Home-based businesses have many requirements. As a result, given the unique nature of each business, please contact our department to discuss your particular circumstances.

Who can I contact regarding the Zoning Hearing Board or Planning Commission?

Feel free to contact Mike Solomon, Director of Planning and Zoning, at 215-357-6800 x214.

Can anyone occupy a nonresidential space in the Township without approval?

No. A Certificate of Use and Occupancy is required.

Fire Marshal's Office

Do I really need smoke alarms in my home?

We can't emphasize enough the importance of properly located and maintained smoke alarms in the home. Without a doubt, they are the simplest, cheapest and most effective way to provide an early warning against a fire.

How many smoke alarms should I have?

Smoke detectors are the first line of defense and if properly placed play an important role in the early warning of a fire. You should have at least one on every level of your home (including the basement and attic), and one detector in each bedroom.

Should I buy a fire extinguisher?

Fire extinguishers are worth the investment. Knowing how to use a fire extinguisher can prevent small fires from becoming larger, minimizing the spread and damage of fire. Always call 9-1-1 first before attempting to extinguish a fire. There are many different types of fire extinguishers on the market to choose from, if you need assistance in choosing the right type for you, contact the Fire Marshal's Office during normal business hours.

Parks & Recreation

Do you offer discounted tickets?

Yes. Visit our website for a list of discounted tickets.

What recreation programs do you offer?

We offer a wide variety of programs throughout the year. Visit our website for a list of our programs.

What are the hours of operation for the Recreation Center?

The Recreation Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evening and weekend hours vary depending on the programs being run each day.

Are the park and recreation facilities available to rent?

Yes. Visit our website for a list of rentals opportunities.

How do I know if a program or event is cancelled due to inclement weather?

We update our website as soon as a decision is made to cancel or delay a program or event.

I noticed that there are coin-operated timers on the tennis court lights behind the Recreation Center. How much does it cost to operate them?

Free. However, those using the courts will need to pick up tokens at the Parks and Recreation office or the Recreation Center.

Police Department

What are the hours for the police station?

The police department is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

How do I get copy of an accident report?

You can obtain a copy of the report off the CARFAX website at crashdocs.org. You'll need the report number if you are named in the report or you can come to the police station with proper identification to obtain a copy. Reports are usually available five to seven days after the accident and there is a fee for the report.

I was in an accident and the police towed my vehicle. How do I get my vehicle back?

You must come to police station to sign a "Vehicle Release" form. The vehicle's owner or representative with proper identification can sign the form and will be given the tow company's location at that time.

How do I get a copy of a police incident report that was not a vehicle accident?

You can obtain a copy of the police incident report by going to the police station and completing a request for a copy of an incident report. The request will be reviewed and you will be notified that the incident report was either denied in full, a partial denial, or approved.  If approved you will be notified to pick up the report at Police Headquarters after paying the fee.

Can I get fingerprinted by the police for an employment application?

Yes. A resident can be fingerprinted at the police station. It is recommended that you contact the police station prior to your visit to check availability. The fee for a fingerprint is $50 by cash or check.

How do I report a problem in my neighborhood that's not an emergency?

Either come to the police station in person to file a report with an officer or call the police station's non-emergency phone number (215-357-8700) and an officer will be dispatched to your location.

How do I get a handicapped parking placard?

You can print an application for a handicapped placard at the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation's website at www.dmv.state.pa.us or you can pick up a copy at the police station.

How do I apply to get a pistol permit?

You can apply for a gun permit at the Sheriff's Department at the Bucks County Court House in Doylestown.

Is there a juvenile curfew in Northampton Township?


Where can I dispose of old prescriptions and over the counter pills?

You can dispose these materials in the drug disposal box at the police station.

Public Works

The weather forecast is predicting snow.  Should I move my car from the street?

Ordinance 15-902 states the following:

"It will be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation, whether principal or agent, to park any motors vehicles on any public street within the Township during the period of time commencing after snow begins to fall and ending 72 hours after the cessation of a snowstorm."

When is my street going to be plowed?

The streets are plowed in order of priority. Main roads are plowed first, secondary roads next, and then all development roads.

Please be patient with the process; once the snow has ceased, it takes an average of 6-8 hours to plow and two hours to salt the Township's roads.

I shoveled my sidewalk and driveway and you plowed me in.  Why?

When cleaning your street, one half of the street is cleared to the curb in each direction. This creates the unavoidable problem of cleaned sidewalks and driveways being covered with snow. The best solution to avoid this situation is to wait until the streets have been cleared before cleaning driveways and sidewalks.

*Please do not shovel snow from driveways into the roadway. Not only is this hazardous but it's also illegal and can result in a fine.

My mailbox was damaged by the snow plow.  Who do I contact?

Contact the Public Works Department at (215) 355-3433.

Here's how the process works:

  • If it is determined that a plow hit the mailbox, the Township will provide a temporary mailbox until it can be fixed.  If the mailbox cannot be fixed, the property owner can choose to either purchase (receipts necessary) or have the Township purchase materials to replace the mailbox and/or post up to a value of $60.
  • If it is determined that the mailbox was knocked down by snow being expelled from the plow, it's the property owner's responsibility to fix it.

*Please note that mailbox damages must be reported within 48 hours.

I've trimmed my trees in my backyard.  Where can I dispose of them?

The Township has a contract with J.P.Mascaro to pick up yard waste.  From April 1 through December 15, yard waste is picked up the day after your regular trash collection day.

Check out our Yard Waste & Leaf Collection page for full details.

There is a dog running loose around the neighborhood. Who should I call?

Contact the Police Department at (215) 357-8700.

There is a dead deer alongside the road. Will you pick it up?

No. The Public Works Department does not pick up dead animals. For local roads, call the Pennsylvania Game Commission at (610) 926-3136.  For state roads, call PennDOT at (215) 345-6060.

When will the streets be swept?

Streets are swept annually beginning in April.

The detention basin is not draining?

Contact the Public Works Department at (215) 357-6800.

I noticed a stop sign had been knocked down.  Who do I contact?

Contact the Police Department at (215) 357-8700.

Trash & Recycling

Who is responsible for trash collection?

The Township has a contract with J.P. Mascaro & Sons for solid waste services. You can contact their customer service department at 800-432-1616.

There's a snowstorm coming.  Is trash going to be picked up?

Collection will occur during inclement weather unless cancelled by J. P. Mascaro.   We will then announce the cancellation on our website. Should J. P. Mascaro cancel a scheduled collection due to a weather event, then collection will occur the next day.  All areas of the township will also be collected one day late for the rest of the week if a cancellation occurs.

What is the holiday schedule for trash/ recycling?

  • New Year's Day
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day

What is the trash collection schedule when there's a holiday? 

Please note the following changes in your trash collection schedule for a holiday:

  • If your trash collection day is Monday, then it'll be picked up Tuesday.
  • If your trash collection day is Tuesday, then it'll be picked up Wednesday.
  • If your trash collection day is Thursday, then it'll be picked up Friday.

When is yard waste collected?

From April 1 through December 15, yard waste is picked up the day after your scheduled trash collection day.  

  • If your trash collection day is Monday, then it'll be picked up Tuesday.
  • If your trash collection day is Tuesday, then it'll be picked up Wednesday.
  • If your trash collection day is Thursday, then it'll be picked up Friday.


Northampton Township

Administration Building
55 Township Road
Richboro, PA 18954

Phone: (215) 357-6800
Fax: (215) 357-1251

Northampton Township Police
111 Township Road
Richboro, PA 18954

Emergency: 911
Non-Emergency: (215) 357-8700
HQ Business: (215) 322-6111

View Staff Directory
Website Feedback